"May love and laughter light your days,
and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours,
wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world
with joy that long endures.
May all life’s passing seasons
bring the best to you and yours!"
- 6 Yukon gold potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup full fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup butter or olive oil
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion,small minced
- 16 ounces fresh assorted mushrooms, sliced
- 6 carrots, peeled and chopped (about 2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons Better Ketchup
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 thyme and rosemary sprigs, chopped
- 1/2 cup red wine or water
- 1-2 cups veggie broth
- 1 teaspoon salt (more or less to taste)
- 2 cups frozen peas
- Make the mashed potatoes: Peel the potatoes and dice. Bring potatoes to a boil and cook until fork tender. Drain, mash, and mix in yogurt and butter. Season to taste.
- Make the veggies: In a large oven-safe pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook until transparent. Add mushrooms and carrots then cook until carrots are softened.
- Make the gravy: Add Better Ketchup and flour to the pot and stir. Pour in the red wine or water and scrape all the browned bits off the bottom of the pan. Let the wine or water cook out for a minute or two. Slowly add the broth, stirring it in until a gravy starts to form. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer over low heat to thicken.
- Bake: Stir in the peas, spread the mashed potatoes on top and bake for 15 minutes at 350. Enjoy with your favorite Leprechauns!!! Slainte!