Hello-Hello Ketchup lovers! Our new friend Leah from Leahsplate.com made this amazing veggie packed Shakshuka dish last week using our very own Veg'd Organics Ketchup, be sure to stop by her page and check out this and all her mouthwatering dishes! Enjoy!
yield 2-3 people
This veggie-packed vegetarian shakshouka is one of my favorite savory one-skillet meals that can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
1 tbsp avocado oil (or olive oil)
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 onion, peeled and diced
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 zucchini, chopped
Handful of spinach
2 cans diced tomatoes
2 tbsp Better Ketchup
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp paprika
5 - 6 eggs
Pink sea salt & pepper
Cilantro and/or parsley for sprinkling on top
- In a large cast iron skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Once hot, add the onions and garlic and cook until onions have softened and become translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the bell pepper and saute for about 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Add the diced tomatoes, Better Ketchup and and spices, stirring well.
- Let simmer until the sauce begin to thicken, about 5 - 10 minutes.
- Crack the eggs directly over the tomato mixture, spacing them evenly throughout the skillet.
- Cover the skillet and cook until eggs are set, about 5 - 10 minutes. (5 minutes for runny eggs).
- Garnish with cilantro and parsley.
Optional: serve with bread for dunking
If you like this recipes and want to learn more about our Veggie Packed Ketchup, condiments and future projects be sure to subscribe to our newsletter
-Happy healthy eating all!