St. Patrick's Day is next week, a time for wearing green,hunting for leprechaun gold and enjoying some Irish treats. While we didn't find any pots of gold just yet we did manage to create our own healthy rainbow. This recipe is versatile,simple,healthy, and a great way to get your kids in the kitchen. Lets get started!
- 12 oz Blueberries-washed and dried
- 12 oz Grapes, red-washed and dried
- 4 Kiwis
- 2 oranges
- 1 lb Pineapple
- 1 lb Strawberries-washed and dried
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1 tbsp Lime juice, fresh
1. In a small bowl whisk to combine honey and lime juice, set aside.
2.Peel and dice the pineapple,kiwis,and oranges.
3. Remove the strawberry stems and cut into quarters
4. Combine the fruit in a large bowl, pour the lime and honey dressing, and gently mix the fruit salad
5. Enjoy it with your favorite leprechauns!
Happy St. Patricks Day!!!
**Tip- When washing fruits and vegetables I like to add a few tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to my water to help remove any waxes or pesticides that the produce may have been treated with. Simply wash and let air dry, the apple cider vinegar leaves no taste on the produce, and it helps keep produce mold resistant a bit longer as an added bonus!